DogsOfWar Unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this forum was created by Ellunne : D for the guild DogsOfWar menbers.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Successful Guide for Rangers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Successful Guide for Rangers Empty
PostSubject: Successful Guide for Rangers   Successful Guide for Rangers EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Skills
-This is my ranger build, the points that i've put into magic guard, rank shot, trick, and premium shot can be used elsewhere to your own preferences.
-I believe a base vit of 160 is good for ranger, i know that is a lot of base vit, but at end game, you will be needing it.
-I choose Ice imbue because Darkness doesn't affect every class, only Ice does.
-The skills i will be listing below are the skills i've got in lvl 6, i will list them in order of importance: Alacrity Blow, Nimble, Crossbow Mastery, Speed Wind, Siege Shot, Fatal, MurderShot, Ka`els Arrow, Double Strike, StripShot, Enchanted Arrow, Winged Foot, LuxuryShot, LongShot, Root.
-Of those skills, these are the ones i have lvl 7: Alacrity Blow, Nimble, Crossbow Mastery, Speed Wind, Siege Shot, Fatal, MurderShot, Double Strike, Winged Foot
Stats Build
-A common and good stats build for beginners is 3dex 1vit every lvl, when you get up to 70+ you can decide how you like to play your ranger.
-Full Dex = 3dex 1vit up to 50, full dex up to 99, you will result in maximum dmg, but once you are stunned, you're gone, this build works well with dmg drop xbow or crit xbow for max dmg.
-Tanker = 3dex 1vit up to 70, by 99 you should have between 160-170 BASE vit, you will result in much higher defense, taking more hits than a full dex build, more hp, but you still maintain a high dmg output, this build works very well with dmg drop xbow, but crit xbow is still an available option.
Accessories
-Due to base vit of 160, I do not wear anything that has Vit at all, i wear all Dex rings 30+ Dex, Goggles and Earrings +2x Dex
Weapon
-Levels 59 and under should use +Dex weapons and when you forge, you should add +Mp/Hp Absorption, +Dmg Drop or +Weapon Attack
-Levels 60+ you should start making +Ranged Attack weapons and when you forge, you should add +Crit % or +Dmg Drop ONLY, so you can get a high % out of it.
Gear
-Basic stuff, you would want high physical defense, don't bother with magic defense because you mdef is low as is, so it won't help you
-When enchanting, i suggest you get +HP
Pet
-I suggest ONLY 4 pets to choose from:
Soft Kahto: gives mobility speed, good with either build.
Brave Dragon: perfect if you go with dmg drop, does consistent damage in PVP/PVE, goes well with Speed wind/Siege shot combo.
Power Tiger: perfect if you choose the crit xbow, increases your crit rate by 3% and reduces crit dmg by 15%
Molly: excellent for PVP use, gives extra boost of 3k hp/mp at lvl 1, has a 5% chance to dodge all attacks. and it also auto heals if your hp is less than 20% which is a huge plus when you're stunned/deathcalled/rushed, but Molly or the Brave Dragon can be a huge debate because in end game PVP, that 3k hp/mp might not help much due to the dmg you will be taking from other lvl 99's
PVP! Taking down others
-Observe which and how many of each class there is and take down the ones you can, reducing the amount of people is always a good thing to help your comrades.
-I use Speed wind/Siege shot combo to take down Dekans, Defenders, Guardians
-save skill spamming for Dhans, Mages, and Archers
-Key to pvp is to understand all class skills and buffs, its best to know how your opponent fights.
-Perfect timing is critical, pay attention to your opponents buffs and current skills activated, timing your combo can decide the outcome (watch for stoneskin, roha's blessing, mirror shield, etc etc)
-RUNNING is your friend, don't be afraid to run in a battle if you are outnumbered, and learn how to KITE them (run and shoot)
-Don't forget to use your Ka`els Arrow! i see lots of rangers rushing to pk and always forget kaels arrow.
Back to top Go down
https://rohanunite.forumotion.com
Berlioz

Berlioz

PostSubject: ..   Successful Guide for Rangers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:45 am

Nice build. I always kite even though I am a healer. The enemy always catches me, but by then two more hits and they are finished. Anyway, like the build, I may try this one someday as well.
Back to top Go down
BsTChaoS

BsTChaoS

PostSubject: Re: Successful Guide for Rangers   Successful Guide for Rangers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 2:01 pm

I only like rangers cuz they pull good lolz
Back to top Go down
Berlioz

Berlioz

PostSubject: .   Successful Guide for Rangers EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 pm

I like them cuz of their buff Razz
Back to top Go down
BsTChaoS

BsTChaoS

PostSubject: Re: Successful Guide for Rangers   Successful Guide for Rangers EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:27 pm

forgot to mention that lolz Smile
Back to top Go down
Berlioz

Berlioz

PostSubject: ..   Successful Guide for Rangers EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:22 pm

But....what else are they good for.....let me think on this....
Back to top Go down
Ages

Ages

PostSubject: Re: Successful Guide for Rangers   Successful Guide for Rangers EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:31 pm

i like scouts better cause they look way better than rangers in my opinion Mad
Back to top Go down
Berlioz

Berlioz

PostSubject: ..   Successful Guide for Rangers EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:23 am

To be honest, I see so few rangers and scouts I can't tell them apart lol
Back to top Go down
Ages

Ages

PostSubject: Re: Successful Guide for Rangers   Successful Guide for Rangers EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 pm

rangers = xbow and fast runners
scout = bow and normal runners
Back to top Go down
BsTChaoS

BsTChaoS

PostSubject: Re: Successful Guide for Rangers   Successful Guide for Rangers EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:12 pm

It kinda evens out Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Successful Guide for Rangers   Successful Guide for Rangers Empty

Back to top Go down

Successful Guide for Rangers
Page 1 of 1